Monday, May 18, 2009

"Like Birds of a Feather...We...Stick Together"

I'm sure most people have never seen feathers at a wedding. So, with me being the "trendsetter" that I am, (LOL) decided to use them at our wedding. We're planning on having 20 tables at the reception for all of our guests. With that in mind, we're going to do 10 tables with a feather centerpiece and the other 10 tables with a flower centerpiece. We will also have 6 cocktail tables flanking the dance floor that will have different centerpieces, maybe with candles. My only dilemma is that since feathers are so new, most florists haven't done them before. I'm worried that they'll turn out horrible and no where near what I wanted. I'm thinking about doing the centerpieces myself and letting the florist handle just the flowers. We'll see how that pans out. I'm going for a vintage, romantic, modern theme for the wedding. Hopefully I can pull it off. Originally, these were the feather centerpiece that I liked. I still like them, but then came across another feather centerpiece that I absolutely LOVE.

It's kind of hard to see it, but to me it's like a pink feather lamp shade with crystals hanging down. It's so funky and romantic at the same time. It also goes perfectly with the black and white damask! How I'd make it, not really sure; but I'll figure it out.

Here are some other pics of flower centerpieces I'm thinking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment