Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Sweet like candy to my soul.... sweet you rock, and sweet you roll..."

So, we're having a candy buffet! What is that, you might ask? Most people (the totally unoriginal, LOL) leave their guests with a small parting gift to thank them for coming to their wedding. We aren't most people! I can't fathom spending money on something that probably 90% of the crowd will end up tossing in the trash or, even worse, feel too bad to trash it and store away somewhere to collect dust. Nope, I won't let that happen. So, instead, Tony and I decided to do a candy buffet. Basically, our parting gift is candy. Lots and lots of candy!

Supposedly most people eat 3-5 ounces of candy. So, you would assume that I would need about 50lbs for a 150 guests wedding. Turns out, I need double that. Aesthetically speaking, the candy buffet would end up looking rather blah and uneventful with only 50lbs of candy. Thus, I ordered 100lbs!

Thank God there are places on the internet that sell bulk candy on the(decently) cheap. I'm going for an all white buffet as pink and white reminded me of Valentine's day and the only black candy available was all licorice and I (as well as most people) can't stand licorice. Once it all ties in with the damask table cloth and pink flowers spread throughout the table, it should look awesome. I ordered coconut Jelly Belly jelly beans, white M&M's, white chocolate covered pretzels, white gumballs, white (not the clear, yellowly color) gummi bears, white rock candy, white jordan almonds, white pillow mints, and white, mini marshmallows. That's a lot of candy, huh?!?!?

I have 12 glass apothecary jars that I got at Hobby Lobby and Michael's (during their half-off specials, of course!) that I'll use to put each candy in. If I find the time, I'm going to make ribbons to go around each jar that will have a little tag on them to inform guests what each candy is. I've also ordered chinese take-out boxes that the guests will use to put their candy in to take with them. Of course, they'll have our monogram on them! So glad it's finally all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment