Wow, has it really been over a month since I updated the blog? Where has the time gone?!?!?! Even though I haven't blogged, I've been a busy bee with the wedding planning stuff. We went to McAllen on July 1st and spent an entire week there getting wedding things done. Let me just tell you how much of a pain in arse it is getting married 500 miles away from where you live! Just thinking of how we are getting everything and everyone down there for the big day is a logistical nightmare. Not to mention bringing everything else back up, including gifts! I have lots of info, but I'll spread it out into a few different postings.
So, where to begin... while we were in McAllen we were able to get our reception dinner menu finalized. I originally wanted an Italian meal, salad, chicken parmigiana or lasagna, pasta, and some sort of veggie. But, in the end, that idea got booted. Tony and I were scheduled for a sit down tasting of the Italian meal I wanted. I knew that I wasn't going to eat anything except the pasta, so I asked my Dad to come along, as well as Tony's parents. Unfortunately for me, or fortunately for the others, the chef also made some other chicken and veggie choices for us to try. While the Italian meal (chicken parm. and fettucini alfredo) were supposedly delicious, the other options the chef made were better. So I was told. Now, I'm waiting for the fancy schmancy description of our menu so that I can have it printed. But, until then, here's the basics: Salad with Italian vinegarette, Chicken Martini (some sort of crusted chicken with sun dried tomatoes and capers on top, not anything like what I've found online...go figure), steamed asparagus with a light hollandaise sauce, and garlic mashed potatoes. I, of course, will be eating a bowl of plain pasta. :)
While we were in McAllen, we also had our engagement pictures taken, met with the florists to do our flowers and linens, and did a couple of other things.
Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment